When you buy a ticket for a group tour in the agency you need to know the programme of this tour and the general information about it that have to be in general agreement with your expectations and physical and technical potential. Don’t demand from the guides more then you ordered and payed.
Beginning of the tour. Meeting of the group:
• Everyone who takes part in the tour has to arrive by his/her own means at the airport of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy where he/she will be met
by a local representative of the Agency “Vision of Kamchatka”. The tourists who participate to the tour have to inform ahead of time of
their arrival in Kamchatka (data, number and time of the flight).
• Receiving organization: Touroperator «Vision of Khamchatka» Adress: Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy, str. Pobedi, 29-58, Contact: 8-914-025-4879 – Tatyana, 8-902-46-23-667 – Evgeniy Korotayev e-mail: email@example.com
If your flight will be deleted or have a delay, please try to inform about it our Tour operator and we will try to help you.
Granted equipment: All bivouacking and other special equipment meets the standard requirements of the safety, ecology, hygiene and aesthetic. With max. comfort for using.
Tents: double o three-seater, two-ply (with awning).
Everything necessary personal equipment: Unstable weather in Kamchatka and temperature drops are frequent so you must have a minimum of clothes and equipment in the tour and be ready for all type of weather conditions.
1. Select handy sleeping-bag (SB) with zipper and cowl. SB has to be good until -5°. In case the programme of the tour contemplates serious ascents and overnights at a height of more than 1000 metres SB has to be good until – 15°. Preferably, SB must have the modern synthetic stuff, easily pervious reek and waterproof surface gore-tex. In addition to SB it will be better to take the loose leaf in the SB (thin cotton or linen fabrics.
3. A warm, long, waterproof and windproof jacket with a cap, a belt and glands. It’s always necessary for ascents on volcanoes and while staying in the camp with bad weather in every time of the year.
4. Comfortable, sports trousers, that don’t prevent your movements, made of a light, quick-drying material and that conserve warmth in low temperatures (+ a second pair).
5. A bright fleece racket or sweater with a large collar will always be useful in the bad weather.
6. A warm vest won’t be superfluous in the evening, when temperature falls.
7. A pair of T-shirts.
9. Head-dress – for choice: a hat or a Panama, a cap with a long visor; флисовая or a woollen cap.
10. Socks – 2-3 pairs made of cotton or flax, 2 pairs of wool.
11. Fleece gloves made of goretex or cotton, will be useful during the ascent and on the alloy when temperature will fall.
12. Swimsuit: will be useful for baths in the thermal springs.
13. A large light waterproof raincoat or poncho, that will protect you and your rucksack.
14. Тoilet and hygienic articles. Don’t forget the sunblock and the sunproof lipstick.
15. Sunproof glasses, protecting you from the ultraviolet rays on the snow and form the blinding specks during the alloy.
16. A little torch, that works with finger batteries. A spare torch and batteries. Another variant: economic head torches with diod bulbs.
17. Medicines, that could be useful (cardiac, against allergy, headache or stomach-ache or disorders) or the ones you need routinely.
18. A little flask for the water or a thermos for the tea.
19. A repellent or a mosquito net, that will protect you from insects.
20. CameraCamera or a video camera.
21. Lighter. A pocket-sized knife. .
22. Rucksack. You will choose the size starting from the volume of your personal belongings. The rucksack has to contain all the
enumerated stuff and to have spare place for extra goods, if the itinerary presupposes transfers with the rucksack over some days.
For the most of our itineraries (except some more extreme) it will be enough a 70-80-liltre capacity. The pockets can be useful for small stuff.
23. Trecking sticks
Transport: In Kamchatka there a lot of bad roads. For the touristic itineraries are used the cross-country cars “Ural”, “Kamaz” or “Gaz-66”. On good roads (within the precincts of Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy and where there are roads with a blacktop) are used the buses or minibuses. The personal things are transported together with the group. The marching loads and rucksacks can be transported by truck, trailer or along with a group. The difficulties because of a breakage or loss of the personal things while transporting or in an active part of tour are decided with the drivers or guides (representative of our TO). The deviations from the transport’s itinerary by individual request are not allowed. When the transport is moving is prohibited to walk in the bus and to throw trash.
Accompaniment: in the active part of the tour the group is served by the guides who have working experience in that itinerary. In the bus the group is accompanied by the representative of our TO and in his absence there is a driver who is a plenipotentiary to take decisions.
Accommodation: in tents (double or single). The tents are placed and dismantled in every place of the stop by tourists without assistance
or (in case of necessity) with the help of the stuff.
Food: FB (3 times a day) according to the programme and during the accommodations in the hotels or in recreation centres there are only breakfasts. In the active part of the tour you have a qualified cook. Sometimes in the active part of the tour the lunches are interchanged with dry rations. The food is cooked on a gas-stove or on the fire. The water is taken from the rivers or streams. Menu includes different salads, soaps, kasha, macaroni, buckwheat, rice, potatoes, vegetables, cheese, sausages, meat, mayonnaise, ketchup, tea, coffee, butter, sugar, fruits, spice-cakes, biscuits, sweets and bread.
Attention: alcoholic drinks are not included. Who wants to drink must think about it in advance (before the beginning of the active part of the tour the group is accompanied to the shop).
Excursions: excursions included according to the programme of the tour. Besides, there are many optional excursions and you can do them according them with your guides.
Spare time: we try to take care of your pleasure and your enjoyment in the evenings. Usually the fire is the joining point of the group.
Region of Kamchatka: region of Kamchatka is situated in the extreme north-east of Russia. It’s area is 472,300 km?.
The Kamchatka Peninsula, the Commander Islands, and Karaginsky Island constitute the Kamchatka Krai of the Russian Federation.
The southern tip (50*57' ) is called Cape Lopatka. The circular bay to the north on the Pacific side is Avacha Bay with Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky.
The distance from Moscow to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskiy is 11876 км.
Particularity of Kamchatka climate: Kamchatka climate is characterized by extremely various and changeable weather, which is conditioned by
the geographical situation, influence of the surrounding seas and the Pacific Ocean, the movements of aerial masses and the relief.
The best months for summer tours are considered July and August. June is good for trekking tours: in that period there are not yet the
mosquitoes and midges and the leafs on the trees don’t disturb the survey and the movements. In September, thanks to the more stabile weather,
it is possible to do the tour in Kamchatka, but it necessary to take in mind the reduced regime of the temperature and the possibility of frosts.
Callisthenics: The excursions are made for leaving the camp in the morning and returning there at the end of the day. All the activities are programmed for people of all the ages. However it’s not recommended the participation to the tour of children younger than 8 years old and aged people. It doesn’t mean that for them the participation to the tour is impossible. For example, during the day of the ascent those who wish can remain in the camp and rest, enjoying the Kamchatka nature. Children can travel with their parents. You don’t need a special callisthenics. You don’t need special skills like breeding the fire, arranging the tents, climbing the mountains. Our staff will guarantee your safety. There are heavy physical loads in the trekking excursions of many days characterized by ascents on volcanoes and long transfers. Like, for example, on the volcanoes of the Kliuchevskaya groups.
Possible digression from the programme: are probable. It’s important to take in mind some factors that affect the execution of the tour.
These factors are most of all the weather and possible natural disasters. In some cases are important the decisions concerning the staying
on the Kamchatka territory of local authorities. In the most of the cases all of this affects just the order of execution of the programme.
For example, instead of the planned excursion to the geysers there will be another excursion included in the programme.
The excursion to the geysers will be moved to the next day or a little later. All the programmes are made thinking of eventual
changes and have a supply of time. All the deviations and changes will be made to realize the whole programme, having in mind you safety and health.
Safety : You voluntarily bought your ticket and know that the river, the wood are dangerous places for the health of townsmen who
find their selves in naturally environment. Here there are: rains, strong winds, bad weather, low and high temperatures, floods.
The overfall of the temperatures, the rise of the ultraviolet activity affect the man.
Recommendations: You don’t need a medical certificate. We don’t recommend the participation to those who need a continual medical supervision and cure. It might be as well to have a personal first-aid set. No one better than you knows your health conditions, so if you have health deviations you have to warn the guide about it and with the advent of known to you symptoms you have to address to the guide immediately. The confidentiality is guaranteed.
The price of the main programme doesn’t include: tickets to the place where the tour starts and back, meals till the place where the tour starts and back, payment for the extra luggage for the transfers before and after the beginning of the tour, payment for pictures and video survey, extra drinks and food (mentioned in the programme), alcoholic drinks, laundry facilities, telephone calls and other extra facilities and expenses not mentioned in the programme.
Extra expenses: during the planning of the journey you have to keep in mind also the facilities not included in the price and expenses for souvenirs.
Smokers: In respect for all the participants we ask you not to smoke in the mains transport and near the fire. You can smoke during the stops for meals, photographing and rest.
Responsibility: In case of an intentional damage, breach, break and loss of the equipment you will pay whole the price.
If you have complaints for our services you have to address to the representative of the organization, in case of the impossibility of
improvement of the defects, you have to write an act and to sign it by the representative of the organization.
Jan from the Czech Republic
Jacqueline, Roland, Sibylle and Frank from Germany
Marta Kvakzinska (Polska)
Axel + family and friends from Germany
Prof. Dr. Orhan KURAL
Svaja, Mattias, Pavlina
Katarina and Michal from Slovakia